Saturday, December 8, 2012

Trip to the Petrol bunk



Driving back from work today, all my mind could think of was how eventful, hectic and tiring this week was (if you were following my Facebook posts you would know why ;) ). It suddenly struck me that I hadn't blogged for a very long time and feared that I had lost touch! So, just to let go of that fear, here I am with yet another set of thoughts penned down for you.

Hubby and I headed out today for a short drive to the petrol bunk and just as luck would have it we got stuck in very bad traffic. On a road which hardly qualifies as 2 lane, we had an auto rickshaw, a bus and a car all in parallel fighting to get ahead of the other without giving space to onward traffic. Where were we? We were sitting in the car behind the bus with a SWIFT Dezire on a 45 degrees angle between me and the bus. Not to mention, all the bikes in different colors and sizes occupying every spot between the vehicles.

Suddenly, the bus moves forward and the Dezire cuts in. I shout "What an ass?!!" and my hubby humbly answered "Comes with the car, Swift with an ass". "Well said" I thought. As if one was not enough, another Swift with an ass followed him and did the exact same thing! And I was like "Is it just a coincidences or everybody who owns this car is the same??!!:-S" Nevermind!

I continued to drive (inch by inch) until another "villain" showed up! A big Fortuner behind us on high beam killing my eyesight. I suddenly felt like being part of the Transformers movie where the Decepticon (SUV) is fighting against the Autobot (me) to destroy the Earth! If you have been driving, you would totally understand this description! Every such SUV thinks they rule the road and can honk and intimidate every vehicle passing by. I chose not to get affected and ignored the monster behind me!

We finally made it to the petrol bunk and spent a fortune. On the way back, just when we thought that we found a free road, we were surrounded by a bunch of bees buzzing in different directions! Didn't get it? These bees are the most annoying 2 wheel motor cycles! These bikers were as random as they could get, a guy with left indicator going right, a guy with no headlight overtaking a bus on the opposite side and the best of the lot, a  guy showing signal with his hands which I could hardly see in the dark background. I guess Size does not matter when it comes to being an annoyance to others.

Oh BTW, I almost forgot to mention the brilliant black and yellow auto 3 wheelers! They come from a different world altogether! From the time Rajni acted as an Auto-kaaran, all of them on the road think they are super stars (literally). They can fly, they can swing, they can twist and they can take their passengers any where any time in no time! Rascalas :P

Now that I am done scolding swearing and venting at every vehicle which came my way, I must confess that in spite of all that, I enjoyed this not-so-long drive. Just for the sheer entertainment and the small but good distraction from work it gave me ;)

No comments: