Friday, May 15, 2009

work hard, have fun, make history...


Every morning as I walk into my workplace, these are the words I see on the glass doors at the entrance "Work hard, have fun, make history".

Talking about "work hard"..all of us are expected to work hard at our jobs, but its totally up to us to do so..or may be our managers ...;) Who ever it may be, the general belief is "get a job, work hard and you are settled for life" - and the counter for that is "If you are settled, you are dead!" So, when combined it would be something like "get a job, work hard and die!?!" - oops i stop here and get on to what I really wanted to write!..

Coming to having fun, it again depends on the individual. If you are not a fun person, no matter where you go,or what you do, you wont have fun! SIMPLE! However, I don't belong to that herd of not-a-fun-person..so i continue writing about "having fun". And that brings to the point I am really trying to make: I discovered my new way of having fun (besides putting mokkai, talk talk talk talk, jump over all the team outing plans and so on and so forth...) it is TABLE TENNIS!! The fun part here is, I tried to play TT like Shuttle!! :-) I almost always forgot that we had a table in between and the players need to use it. Surprisingly, I picked up pretty fast and played my first game (doubles) with my very-patient and teachable team mates :-) This new found fun activity would continue for some more time until my team mates become impatient and non-teachable..lol!

That brings me to the last point - "Make history!" Honestly, I don't know who makes history here, but I sure did!..SHOCKED???!!? No, I have not stood for elections and I am not winning them either...I just played TT!! even better, I played TT like Shuttle!! Find me one guy who can do that??? :-P That's good enough history to make! LOL...

Signing off...

3 comments:

AVP said...

History-making-tip #86: When standing with TT bat in hand in front of TT table, toss the ball up in the air and try an over head serve, a la tennis.

TheMobilePhotog said...

try to play without a bat.. err smething like playing Carrom !!!

Sakina Adeeb said...

konjum too much! wait till i flick your TT bat subash!